They say never meet your heroes, but Erin did! And she was not disappointed! In this episode, Erin and Blake have a conversation with author and theologian, Carolyn Custis James. They touch on topics such as the biblical themes in Frozen 2, the story of Ruth, and the theology of the "blessed alliance."
Carolyn Custis James is an award winning author who thinks deeply about what it means to be a female follower of Jesus in a postmodern world. Her speaking and writing ministry is dedicated to addressing the deeper needs and issues confronting both women and men as they endeavor to extend God’s kingdom together in a messy and complicated world. Carolyn is an adjunct faculty member at Missio Seminary in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and a consulting editor for Zondervan’s Exegetical Commentary Series on the New Testament. She speaks regularly at church conferences, colleges, and for other Christian organizations both in the US and abroad and is a guest lecturer at various theological seminaries.
Pick up any one or more of her incredible books!
- Finding God in the Margins: The Book of Ruth (2018)
- Malestrom: Manhood Swept into the Currents of a Changing World (2015)
- Half the Church: Recapturing God’s Global Vision for Women (2011)
- The Gospel of Ruth: Loving God Enough to Break the Rules (2008)
- Understanding Purpose (2006)
- Lost Women of the Bible: The Women We Thought We Knew (2005)
- When Life and Beliefs Collide: How Knowing God Makes a Difference (2001)